Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Introduction

A picture of me, so you can put a face to the name (once you know my name, I suppose).
Hi, my name is Jessica and I am a 20-year-old student attending Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona. I am double majoring in Public Relations and English. I'd love to tell you I decided to double major because I'm an over-achiever who just loves learning but that's not completely true. I mean, I do love learning but that's not why I ended up being a double major. To make a long story short, it was to get a (partial) tuition waiver. But truth be told, I really do like both my majors (usually) and I could (probably) never choose between the two.

I am originally from Los Angeles, California. You might be wondering how a girl from a big city ends up in tiny (to me, anyway) Flagstaff. Well, there's a lot of reasons for that (yes, one of which is money) but I really am happy I decided to come here straight out of high school.

One reason being, I've learned how much I love snow and rain, which there isn't a lot of, if any, in Los Angeles. I love how the snow is so white it's almost blue when it's just fallen and how the freshly fallen snow sparkles once the storm passes and the sun comes out. I don't have a picture of sparkling snow but I do have a picture of the snow-covered forest of Flagstaff:

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of rain, mostly because it doesn't photograph well enough but what I love about rain is the sound and smell. Really, I love any weather that doesn't involve the sun, probably because sun is the only weather I've known for most of my life.

Moving on, I've also learned that family-owned restaurants have some of the best food.

Now that you know a little bit about me, I hope you enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment